Tag Archives: Bideford Gazette

One Hundred Years ago – July 1913.

Bideford . The new Bideford United Methodist Church opened in High Street. The celebrations included a public luncheon attended by the Mayor and Corporation. Littleham. The inhabitants of Littleham were delighted to once more hear the merry peal rung on … Continue reading

Posted in History | Tagged , | Leave a comment

One Hundred Years ago – December 1912.

(From the Bideford Gazette). Advertisements for  Christmas. After the jollification of Christmas , the damaged wallpaper and the scratched paintwork will show up – in all these matters Mr R Pye of 8 and 9 Meddon St will be found … Continue reading

Posted in History | Tagged , , | Leave a comment